The conclusion of the McCloud Judgment – the Government agreeing to remove any form of age discrimination from the NHS Pension Scheme, has left NHS Pension Scheme members with a difficult decision.
Eligible members will be given the choice of whether they would like to receive their 1995/2008 Scheme benefits or 2015 Scheme benefits for the remedy period between 1st April 2015 to 31st March 2022. This decision will have tax liability implications – particularly in relation to annual allowance and lifetime allowance; so although the decision is deferred until you take your benefits, understanding the best option for you now will be key to your financial planning.
To help NHS Pension Scheme members guide their way through this and ensure the right course of action is taken, we are hosting this exclusive event.
- Date: Wednesday 24th November 2021
- Time: 6.30pm to 7.30pm
- Book Your Place: click here
During this webinar, Matt Rhodes, Head of Medical at Capstone Financial will cover:
- What is the McCloud Judgment and why has it happened.
- Who will be affected by McCloud.
- When will the changes take place.
- How could McCloud affect your past & future tax liabilities, annual allowance and lifetimes allowance.
- What effect will it have on your pension benefits at retirement.
- Will it impact on when you decide to retire.
- What action you need to take as an NHS Scheme member today.
With the number of tax implications, it’s essential that you make the right decision and it’s not as simple as assuming the 1995/2008 Scheme benefits is the best option. During the webinar Matt will also give an exclusive preview of Capstone Financials’ new and comprehensive NHS Pension Report, which can help you make the right decision and potentially save you from an unexpected tax bill in future.
To book your place: click here
If you are interested in attending this event or any future events, please contact our Marketing Manager, Holly Smith via firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch on 0161 667 1482.